Looking for a quick nutritious meal which you can have on the plate quicker than you can drive through? Look no further than our Chicken San Choy Bau! Healthy and tasty, it is a terrific option for those nights when you are short on time.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 500g free range chicken mince
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 60g spinach
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 avocados, smashed
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup water
- Remove enough lettuce leaves to serve. Trim if required and set aside.
- To make the dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat a frypan or wok on a medium-high heat and add coconut oil to the pan. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the chicken mince and cook for 5-10 minutes, ensuring you stir regularly to remove any lumps.
- Toss through tamari and spinach, continuing to stir-fry until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove from the heat. Stir through 1/4 the dressing, season well and sprinkle sesame seeds on top to the chicken mixture.
- To serve, spoon the chicken mixture into the lettuce cups and top with dressing, smashed avocado and coriander.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by the divine Sarah Craven Photography.