Gummies are all the rage, and rightly so. They are packed with one of my favourite gut healing nutrients, gelatin and can be sweetened with honey or maple, making them a perfect treat for the whole family. If your little one is less than one, be mindful of the sweetness but we do recommend using some as they don’t contain any natural sugars from fruit like most gummies do. Enjoy.
- 400ml coconut milk, canned (we love Nakula)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup gelatin powder (e.g. Nutra Organics)
- Add all ingredients (apart from gelatin) into a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl bloom gelatin by adding gelatin to ½ cup of water and stir until it thickens.
- Take saucepan off the heat and add bloomed gelatin to mixture until completely dissolved.
- Pour liquid into moulds and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos from Captured Wellness.