Just when you thought a cookie couldn’t get any better – these babies are low carb, gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free and delicious! They also contain a very exciting ingredient from Melrose Health which offers a dose of natural antioxidants from the organic matcha and an instant boost of clean energy from the medium chain triglycerides (MCT’s).
Ingredients (Makes 8-10 cookies)
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons Melrose Coconut Matcha MCT Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free bi-carb soda
- 3 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, free range
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir until evenly mixed through.
- Lightly beat the egg and add vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
- Roll into balls and flatten into cookies. Bake for 8 minutes for softer biscuits and 10-12 minutes for a chewier result.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking tray for at least 10 minutes before moving them as they need time to set.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.