There is absolutely nothing good that comes from almost every store bought mayo apart from the convenience but we are here to tell you, it’s just not worth it. Why you ask? Next time you’re at your local supermarket why not take a look at the ingredients list for yourself? We guarantee you will find refined oil such as sunflower or canola oil (read more on this here) and an abundance of additives and preservatives that can cause havoc on your health.
The solution? Our Creamy MCT Mayo, made from nothing but wholesome ingredients that not only tastes delicious but will keep you feeling satisfied for hours on end.
- 1 large egg, free range
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Melrose Going Faster MCT Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a blender or food processor, blend egg, lemon juice, ACV and mustard powder.
- Combine oils and slowly* add in food processor, one tablespoon at a time, continuing to blend.
- Add salt once a creamy mayo has formed.
- Transfer into a jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
*And we mean slowly. The secret to this mayo is patience. Otherwise, it will split and you will be left with liquid, rather than a thick creamy blend.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.