If you’re after a healthy hearty salad to impress your guests then you have come to the right place. This Crunchy Keto Broccoli Salad is the definition of ease meets flavour and perfect for your next BBQ.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 whole broccolis
- 4 rashers pasture-raised bacon
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup dry roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Creamy MCT Mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cut broccoli into 2-3cm pieces and place in a big salad bowl.
- Roughly chop bacon and cook in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Put aside.
- Toast pepitas in a small saucepan for 2-3 minutes; be careful as they can burn in an instant. Combine with almonds and put aside.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Add all salad ingredients including the dressing to the broccoli and stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or overnight) before serving so it has time to marinate.
- Serve into bowls, alongside a serve of protein and enjoy.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.