You can never have too many smoothie recipes under your belt, especially when it contains all the right nutrients to support the integrity of your skin and gut lining like this one!
We have put together all the right ingredients, including collagen which is a substance naturally produced by our bodies and is the most important protein in our connective tissue, skin and bones. Blueberries, which are packed full of antioxidants and almond butter and chia seeds for healthy fats which are the building blocks of cell membranes and nourish the skin from the inside out.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ zucchini, diced
- 30g collagen powder (e.g. Nutra Organics Collagen Body)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup ice, optional
- Add chia seeds and almond milk to a blender and let sit for 10-15 minutes for the chia seeds to got to work.
- Add remaining ingredients excluding the ice, into the blender and blend until smooth or your desired consistency. If desired, add in the ice and blend further.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.