Good quality, grass fed, organic sausages on the BBQ can fit perfectly within your real food lifestyle, especially when paired with a nutritious salad like this one. Your mid-week dinner to the rescue.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 8 grass fed sausages (e.g. Cleaver’s Organic Beef Sausages)
Roasted Vegetable Salad:
- 1 onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 zucchinis, diced into large chunks
- 1 large head of broccoli, floretted
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled & diced into cubes
- 100g spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Dairy Free Sour Cream, to taste
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add onion, garlic, zucchini, broccoli and pumpkin to a large bowl and toss through oil. Season well and transfer to the oven, roasting for 25 minutes, turning at the half way mark.
- In a large salad bowl, add spinach and hemp seeds and toss through roasted vegetables. Top with dairy free sour cream.
- On a medium-hot barbeque grill, add sausages to the grill and cook them slowly, turning every couple of minutes until they are brown all over and cooked through.
- Serve the sausages alongside the salad.
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Steph & Elyse here.