A smoothie without fruit? You won’t believe how good this smoothie tastes! I even enjoy this for lunch if I’ve eaten out for breakfast that morning. Mid-week, simply make it before you leave for work in the morning if you don’t have access to a blender during the day.
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon nut butter, such as almond or macadamia butter
- 1 teaspoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons plant based or grass-fed whey protein powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 tray ice
- Place almond milk and chia seeds in ablender and let sit for 10 minutes for the chia seeds to go to work.
- Add remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth or your desired consistency.