Here at TNN we are huge fans of vegie chips and love combining our favourite zucchini chips with fresh fish and a side salad. This meal is quick to prepare and never fails to please the whole family.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 600g white fish fillets, such as flathead
- 1 egg, free range
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, for frying
- 3 large zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 60g rocket & spinach leaves
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 50g goat’s feta, optional
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with paper.
- Whisk egg together with the almond milk and pour into a shallow dish. In another shallow bowl, place the coconut flour. In the third shallow dish add the almond meal, shredded coconut and season well.
- Place the fish fillets into the coconut flour and gently toss to coat. Dip the fish into the egg mixture and then toss into the almond meal mixture to coat. Repeat this twice and set aside.
- Slice zucchini into thick chip-like pieces. Toss with oil, rosemary and salt and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked and golden, turning at the 10-minute mark.
- In a large frying pan, melt the oil and cook fish for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and divide evenly between plates. Serve with the fish and zucchini chips.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.