Salads don’t always have to be cold to showcase seasonal produce. Our warm Lamb Salad with Crunchy Kale is perfect for lunch or dinner all year round.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 300g grass-fed lamb back strap
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, sliced into thin chips
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bunch broccolini, roughly sliced
- 1/2 small bunch of kale, leaves removed from the stem
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons kimchi
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine cumin, sweet paprika, garlic powder, coriander, lemon juice, olive oil and a generous pinch of salt in a shallow dish. Add lamb back strap and toss to combine. Cover and transfer to the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- To a large bowl, add sweet potato, onion, garlic and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Season well. Toss to combine and transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, turning at the 10-minute mark, adding the broccolini.
- Roughly tear the kale leaves from the stem, wash and pat dry. Transfer to a bowl and add remaining coconut oil and a good pinch of sea salt. Toss gently to combine and transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes or until they are crunchy. Ensure you do keep an eye on them as they can cook fast!
- Heat a BBQ grill or frypan on a medium high heat and add lamb. Grill for 4 minutes each side, depending on your desired result. Allow to rest before slicing.
- To serve, divide kale onto two plates. Top with roasted vegetables and sliced lamb. Scatter pumpkin seeds on top of each plate and serve with the kimchi.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.