With Mother’s Day around the corner we thought it was perfecting timing to share with you our LCHF Chocolate Mousse. We guarantee that the special woman in your life will be very impressed when you serve this up.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 300ml coconut cream, canned
- 2 ripe avocados, stone removed & flesh scooped out
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla bean extract
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 50g grated dark chocolate, minimum 70%
- Fresh fruit, such as cherries or berries
- Place all main ingredients into a food processor or high powered blender. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes or until all ingredients have been thoroughly mixed through.
- Pour into individual glasses and chill overnight in the refrigerator, or for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, grate over the dark chocolate and finish with a cherry or berry on top.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.