If I had a dollar for every time a client mentioned how well they eat when they were prepared ahead of time….
It’s simple: if you make the frittata, you won’t skip breakfast or end up relying on snacks for lunch, only to overeat at 3.30pm and/or dinner and/or dessert. Your food preparation is an important meeting with yourself that is not to be missed. Try this Loaded Green Frittata this week – we’d love to hear what you think!
Loaded Green Frittata
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil and/or ghee
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes, optional
- 200g broccoli, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ribbons
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 6 eggs, free range, beaten
- ½ cup organic canned coconut cream
- ¼ cup goat’s feta
- Sea salt & black pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add oil and/or ghee combo to a large saucepan and bring to a medium-high heat, add spring onion, garlic and chilli, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli, zucchini, basil and parsley, stirring for another 2 minutes before adding the spinach. Stir through until wilted and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, and coconut cream in a large bowl and stir through cooked green mixture. Season to taste and transfer to the baking tray.
- Crumble feta on top and transfer to the oven, baking for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving with a fresh salad of choice and 1-2 tablespoons of fermented vegetables.
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Steph & Elyse here.