Vegan Buddha Bowl v2
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 100g spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced in half & peeled
- 4 tablespoons fermented vegetables e.g. beetroot
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Sea salt to taste
- Chilli flakes, to taste
- 1 fresh lemon, halved
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice sweet potato into medium rounds and place in a medium bowl. Coat well with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt.
- Transfer onto a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Half way through, repeat the above process with the broccoli and bake until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, grate cauliflower to a rice consistency. You can also use a food processor here if you wish.
- Heat coconut oil in a large fry pan and lightly fry “rice” until soft and set aside to cool.
- Assemble the bowls by dividing the cauliflower rice as the base, then in a clockwise direction add sweet potato slices, broccoli, spinach, avocado halves and fermented vegetables.
- Drizzle with hummus, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and serve with a sprinkle of salt, chilli flakes and lemon wedge.