This Low Carb Cauliflower Garlic Bread tastes just as delicious as it looks and sounds! The addition of cauliflower keeps this bread low in carbohydrates and the eggs pack a punch of protein whilst keeping it nice and fluffy.
Maintaining a wholefoods lifestyle doesn’t have to be boring and this recipe will prove it, why not give it a try this week?
Ingredients (Makes ~12 slices)
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 6 eggs, free range
- 6 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a bread tin with baking paper.
- Steam cauliflower and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, add to a food processor and blend for 10-20 seconds or until it forms a rice consistency.
- Place cauliflower into a clean tea towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Beat eggs and stir through butter and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add cauliflower to egg mixture, followed by almond meal, psyllium husk, baking powder, thyme, parsley and salt.
- Once well combined, add to your bread tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until it passes a skewer test.
- Allow to cool before slicing and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.