Now that the weather is warming up, it’s a great reason to bring back smoothies. Packed full of greens, protein and good fats, this smoothie makes an ideal meal any time of the day. It even makes for the perfect afternoon tea snack to share with the kids after school.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 70ml canned coconut cream, preferably organic
- 150g frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 frozen zucchini
- ½ lemon, zested & juiced
- 30g vanilla protein powder(e.g. Bare Blends WPI)
- 1/3-1 tray ice
- Add water and chia seeds to the blender and let sit for 10 minutes for the chia seeds to go to work.
- Add coconut cream, berries, tahini, spinach, zucchini and lemon and blend well.
- Add protein powder and ice and blend until thick but smooth. Add more ice for a thicker smoothie.
- Pour into a jar and transport with you as required. Enjoy.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by the divine Sarah Craven Photography.