Now that the weather is warming up, it’s a great reason to bring back smoothies. Packed full of greens, protein and good fats, this smoothie makes an ideal meal any time of the day. It even makes for the perfect afternoon tea snack to share with the kids after school.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 70ml coconut cream
- 150g frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed whey protein powder
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup ice, optional
- Add water and chia seeds to the blender and let sit for 15 minutes for the chia seeds to go to work.
- Add remaining ingredients, excluding the ice, into a blender and blend until smooth, or your desired consistency. If using, add in the ice and blend for a further minute.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by the divine Sarah Craven Photography.