When it comes to eating plant-based there are plenty of delicious recipes out there however more often than not, they are loaded with carbohydrates and lacking in the nutrients department. This recipe has a beautiful combination of flavours and loaded with vegetables and healthy fats to keep you feeling satisfied and nourished.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 260g tempeh, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 1/2 fresh red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 head broccoli, floretted
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 3 spring inions, diced
- 2 tablespoons cashews, chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, optional
- 1 1/2 cups Simple Cauliflower “Rice”
- Start by creating the tempeh marinade and add garlic, chilli, ginger, peanut butter, half the coconut aminos, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, juice of half the lime, rice malt syrup and water into a small bowl. Whisk to combine and add tempeh, ensuring each piece is coated with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or overnight if time permits.
- Heat a large frypan over medium heat and add remaining coconut oil. Add tempeh (putting aside the marinade) and sauté for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Put aside.
- To the same frypan add onion, broccoli, red pepper and remaining coconut aminos. Sauté until almost cooked before adding kale, tempeh and remaining marinade. Heat and stir through for a couple of minutes to combine.
- You are now ready to serve on top of cauliflower rice and sprinkle with cashews and coriander!
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.