Cauliflower “rice” is honestly the best thing since sliced (gluten free) bread. It makes the most divine pizza crust, is the perfect grain free alternative in sushi rolls, and really gives your stir fry that extra dose of vegetables, while keeping it low carb and nutrient dense.
In case you’re yet to try it, let me show you how easy it is.
- 1 cauliflower head
- Thoroughly wash cauliflower.
- De-stem and dice into small pieces.
- Blitz in a food processor until it resembles rice. Yes, it’s that simple.
Tip and tricks:
– Depending on the size of your processor, you may need to split step 3 (above) into multiple steps, to ensure you don’t end up with cauliflower mash. Do not add water or that’s exactly what you will end up with.
– For pizza crusts, use it in its raw state.
– For stir fries, add it at the very end and stir through until your “rice” softens.
– For sushi, sauté in coconut oil, season with salt and pepper, and allow to cool before using.
What else do you use cauliflower rice for?