We’ve given prawns a tasty twist in this satisfying salad, with an abundance of nutrient-rich and flavoursome ingredients, plus some chilli for spice! Prawns are a great high protein accompaniment to any dish and this is the perfect spring salad. We promise it tastes just as good as it looks!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- ½ tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 rashers pasture-raised bacon, diced
- 1 carrot, spiralized
- 200g prawns, washed
- 1 handful of Tuscan kale, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 squash, spiralized
- ¼ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a fry pan and sauté onion, garlic, chilli and bacon for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Add in carrot noodles and quickly sauté until softened.
- Add in the prawns and toss through until they are golden and cooked through.
- Add in the kale and zucchini and squash noodles and combine until kale is wilted and noodles softened.
- Stir through the parsley, season well and serve amongst two plates.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by the divine Sarah Craven Photography.