Introducing our new favourite nutrient-packed salad combo. This recipe ticks all the boxes and includes an abundance of textures and flavours to tantalise your tastebuds! We are all about food diversity here at TNN and this is just one way you can incorporate 4 varieties of vegetables and fruits in one delicious meal. It’s the perfect salad to revive you after a workout or bring along to your next gathering to impress your friends.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup kale, stalks removed & leaves roughly torn
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 carrots, grated
- ½ head celery, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Melrose MCT oil, optional
- 1 orange, zested & juiced
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- To cook quinoa: bring 1 cup of water to the boil. Add the quinoa and cook until the water has evaporated. Fluff halfway through with a fork for extra volume.
- In a small bowl add oil, zest and juice of the orange and a pinch of salt. Whisk together until well combined.
- In a large bowl add kale, spinach, goji berries and half the dressing. Massage the dressing into the greens, softening the kale.
- Add cooked kale, grated carrot, sliced celery, blueberries and pumpkin seeds and gently toss to combine. Serve topped with sliced avocado.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator.
Image by the divine Sarah Craven Photography.