There is nothing more versatile than a frittata. Not only is our Roast Sweet Potato Frittata nutritious and guaranteed to please, it is delicious served warm or cold and is the perfect post-training meal. Make it this weekend to set yourself up with a quick and easy meal for the week ahead.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 rashers pasture-raised bacon, finely diced
- 8 eggs, free range
- 200ml coconut cream, canned
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C and using the coconut oil, lightly grease a ceramic dish.
- In a large bowl toss sweet potato in olive oil. Season well and transfer to the baking tray. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
- Fry bacon in a small fry pan and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and coconut cream in a large bowl and add kale, cooked bacon and chilli flakes. Season to taste.
- Transfer the frittata mix to the ceramic dish. Remove sweet potato from the oven and using tongs, dot sweet potato evenly across the top of the frittata.
- Transfer frittata into the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.