When it comes to staying on track with your eating habits, it’s essential that you have a few recipes up your sleeve to batch cook and prepare in advance. This real food hack is not only an efficient use of your time, but also a great way to save money at the checkout. Why not give our Sausage & Broccoli Frittata a go this week and have your lunches sorted for the week.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 250g grass fed sausages e.g. Cleaver’s
- 8 eggs, free range
- 150ml organic coconut cream, canned
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 200g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 40g spinach leaves
- 50g goat’s feta
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
To serve (per person):
- ½ avocado, peeled & de-seeded, smashed
- 1 handful rocket
- 2 tablespoons fermented vegetables
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a rectangle baking tray with baking paper.
- On a medium-hot barbeque grill, add sausages to the grill and cook them slowly, turning every couple of minutes until they are brown all over and cooked through. Put aside to cool before dicing into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, feta and coconut cream in a large bowl and stir through broccoli, cherry tomatoes, spinach and sausages.
- Season to taste and transfer to the baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving with smashed avocado, rocket and fermented vegetables.
Recipe developed by Head Honcho Steph Lowe and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Steph & Elyse here.