I don’t know about you, but I am constantly on the search for the perfect nut-free school friendly lunch box addition, that isn’t from a packet and won’t come back home untouched. I hope this helps your search as much as it has helped mine. Make a double batch and the whole family can enjoy.
- 3 eggs, free range
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup , melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 apple, grated
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of your choice e.g. maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Combine eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and apple in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, salt, sweetener and baking powder and stir to create a batter consistency.
- Carefully fold through blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased muffin tins.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Delicious served warm with a generous amount of grass fed butter.