If you’re a long time follower you’d know that we aren’t a fan of anything that comes out of a packet due to the processed nature of ingredients. However, when we came across Primal Alternative‘s Fat & Seedy Pizza Bases made from nothing but almond meal, sunflower seeds, free range eggs, olive oil, activated cashew milk, sea salt and grain free baking powder, we couldn’t keep it to ourselves! This is a fantastic way to get a takeaway vibe with all the fun of pizza, plenty of green vegetables, yet only 4g carb per entire base. High in good fats, moderate protein and super low carbohydrate, it’s a yes from us!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 x Primal Alternative Fat & Seedy Pizza Bases
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste (no salt added)
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ head broccoli, floretted
- 200g button mushrooms chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme, dried
- 200gm artichoke hearts, store bought (in brine or olive oil), sliced
- ¼ cup Dairy Free Cashew Pesto
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes, optional
- 30g goats cheese, optional
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Coat broccoli in half of the coconut oil, season and set aside.
- Coat mushrooms in remaining coconut oil and thyme, season and set aside.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms to a lined baking tray on separate sides (as the mushrooms have a shorter cooking time). Bake for 20 minutes, removing the mushrooms as soon they turn tender and brown (~5 minutes).
- Spread the tomato paste onto pizza bases and top with broccoli, mushrooms, artichokes, pesto, chilli flakes and goats cheese.
- Place into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and cooked to your liking.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.