It’s hopefully the last of the cooler weather here in Victoria. Our Tomato and Capsicum Soup with Prawns is a divine way to stay warm, and support your gut health and immunity with the inclusion of chicken broth. Find out more about the benefits of broth here.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 red capsicums
- ½ tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 x 400g can organic diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth, homemade or we love Broth of Life
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 8 prawns
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove the seeds from the capsicum and cut into quarters.
- Place capsicum onto a baking tray, drizzle with melted coconut oil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Once roasted, remove capsicum from oven and allow to cool.
- To a blender, add the tomatoes, capsicum, spices and chicken broth and blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan. Alternatively, place all ingredients into a medium saucepan and blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Bring the soup mixture to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season well and add in the prawns and continue to simmer until the prawns are cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, topping with parsley.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.