Simple, fresh and delicious. If you’re cooking for more than one, simply double the recipe and freeze the sauce for late nights home from work or training. Food prep and batch cooking changes your life.
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes (100% tomatoes)
- 1 sachet tomato paste (no salt added)
- 1 heaped tablespoon oregano
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1-2 fresh chillies, finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 handfuls spinach, finely chopped
- 2 large mushrooms, diced
- 4 vine tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup walnuts, crushed
- 1-2 zucchinis, depending on how many you are serving (usually ½ per person will suffice)
- Heat oil in a large pan and lightly brown garlic.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, oregano, basil, chilli, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes before stirring through spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Stir through walnuts and turn off heat and set aside.
- Spiralize zucchini to form zuchetti and served topped with sauce and garnish with walnuts and basil. If you do not own a spiralizer, simply thinly slice zucchini with a sharp knife. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days, or frozen as mentioned. Enjoy.