Would you rather take a whole bottle of probiotics or eat 1 cup of coconut yoghurt per day, made via a home fermentation practice?
Hopefully you’ve heard of Kultured Wellness after listening to Episode 39 of The Real Food Reel, where I interviewed Kirsty Wirth, the brains and beauty behind this amazing Australian company. I first met Kirsty at The Wellness Summit 2015 and was blown away by her story of healing her family through the microbiome. If you need to catch up on why gut health is so important, please read this article first.
Since then I’ve been using Kultured Wellness as my predominant gut health food and all of my clients have started to do the same. Here’s why:
- It’s fermentation made easy. All you need to do is purchase your starter culture and add to coconut cream to make yoghurt or coconut water to make kefir. No elaborate equipment and only a small investment of time.
- They contain ten strains of good bacteria, which is important for microbiome diversity. Many probiotics contain only two strains.
- They are extremely high potency. It’s one cup or an entire bottle of probiotics according to Kirsty. The choice is clear to me.
- The cultures are D-Lactate free to benefit people with issues such as MTHFR, and liver and detox problems.
- They contain high numbers of Bifidobacterium, which are important for leaky gut, immune regulation and digesting plant matter.
- They are vegan-friendly, free from additives, preservatives or fillers.
- One starter can be used to make approximately 10 litres of kefir or yoghurt. That’s $4/L and one of the most cost effective ways to prioritise your gut health.
What are you waiting for? Jump online and grab your starter culture here: www.kulturedwellness.com. You will be sent a full set of instructions from Kultured Wellness and your home fermentation practice is just days away.
Already loving Kultured Wellness? Post below and share your success stories.