These simple banana muffins are the perfect breakfast on-the-go, training snack or afternoon tea. We love to make a batch in preparation for a long ride, and save the rest for next week.
Start with this version, then feel free to experiment by adding a quarter of a cup of fresh berries, coconut flakes or raw cacao.
- 1 cup hazelnut meal (I use homemade, from the pulp of my homemade hazelnut milk)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, free range
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add hazelnut meal, almond meal, cinnamon, baking powder and salt to a large bowl. Combine well.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add to the above mixture.
- Add coconut oil and bananas and stir thoroughly until well combined.
- Transfer into a well greased muffin tin and cook for 20-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Makes 8 large muffins or 12 smaller muffins.
Breakfast can be easy and healthy with a little preparation. For more portable breakfast and snack ideas, please click here.