I’m in love with this salad. It takes minutes and leftovers are perfect topped with your choice of protein for lunch the next day. Make double and your weekly food prep is well underway. Enjoy.
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 2 small bunches of broccoli, rinsed well and drained
- 100g kale, rinsed well and drained
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (we love Coconut Revolution)
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup Goji berries
- ½ large avocado, diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- The juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Goat’s feta to top, optional
- Dice broccoli heads into small florets and cut the stems into bite size pieces. Lightly steam all and allow to cool in a large mixing bowl. Do this step in advance if you can.
- Sauté kale in coconut oil until soft and add to the bowl. Do this step in advance if you can, it’s better when cool.
- Top with almonds, Goji berries and avocado.
- Combine EVOO, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl and dress the above.
- Sprinkle with Goat’s feta and serve with your choice of protein.
Image: Sarah Craven Photography.