Quinoa is a fantastic gluten free alternative to oats, which I have written about here. This Cashew, Date & Banana Quinoa Porridge is the perfect winter warmer. Truly nourishing and delicious.
Ingredients (Serves 1-2)
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small handful cashews, finely chopped
- 1 Medjool date, finely chopped
- ¼ banana, diced
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup, optional
- Soak quinoa for 10 minutes and rinse under cold running water.
- Bring water and salt to the bowl and add the quinoa, bringing to the boil once again.
- Reduce the heat and cover, cooking for 10 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
- Remove the cover and add milk, vanilla, cinnamon, cashews, date and banana and stir well.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes or until thick and creamy and most of the liquid has absorbed. Keep an eye on it here and stir throughout.
- Spoon into serving bowl/s, top with a touch of rice malt syrup and enjoy.