This recipe will change your life. So simple and delicious, you may even be able to whip it up now if your pantry is stocked. The raspberries and rice malt syrup work perfectly together for some natural sweetness – no one will ever know it’s refined sugar free. Delicious warm or cold and perfect with coyo icecream or yogurt. You’re welcome.
- 1 cup macadamia flour* (or finely ground macadamias, in a food processor or blender)
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- ¼-½ cup rice malt syrup, depending on your desired sweetness^
- 1 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs and add with remaining wet ingredients, saving raspberries until last.
- Make sure wet and dry ingredients are thoroughly combined. Carefully fold through raspberries.
- Spread into a lined cake tin and cook for 20-25 minutes, checking regularly so as not to overdo. In my opinion, it is even better slightly soft (and gooey!) in the middle.
- Cool before serving and if there are any leftovers, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
*Almond flour and cashew flour also work great in this recipe!
^Yes, you can use honey or maple syrup, but I choose to use rice malt syrup as it is fructose free. Read more here.