Smoothies are the perfect post-exercise refuel. Easy to prepare and full of carbohydrates, protein and essential fats to accelerate the recovery process. A meal in a cup. This one is my new favourite.
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (I use Loving Earth)
- 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tray of ice
- 1 scoop chocolate pea protein (I use Vital Protein)
- Combine the milk, banana, cinnamon, cacao, maca, peanut butter, chia and ice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the protein powder and blend again.