Sweet potato is one of my favourite things. Packed full of vitamins B6, C and D as well as magnesium, potassium and fibre, it is the perfect post-exercise carbohydrate. This Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup is nutritious, simple to make and extremely delicious. The perfection addition to your Sunday food prep as it both freezes and reheats well.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 large sweet potato, roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, thoroughly washed & roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chilli, chopped
- 400ml can coconut cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add water, sweet potato, carrots, herbs and spices. Simmer, covered, for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are very soft.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend until smooth and return to pan, add coconut cream and heat slowly until hot. Taste test and feel free to add more spice if desired. I love mine as an entree or served with toasted Gluten Free Spinach Bread.