Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. These Coconut Pancakes are also the perfect post-exercise snack with natural carbohydrates from the banana and rice malt syrup. This combination of fructose and glucose is essential for the acceleration of muscle glycogen re-synthesis. Remember, your post-exercise meal is just as important as the training session it follows.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 3 eggs
- 1 splash coconut milk, or your favourite nut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husks
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, or your favourite nut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Whisk eggs and milk together well.
- Add coconut flour, cacao and psyllium and whisk until smooth. Your mixture should be thick, but pourable.
- Split mixture into two and lightly fry each pancake individually in coconut oil, flipping half way.
- Serve pancakes topped with mashed banana, peanut/nut butter, rice malt syrup and a decent sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy.