Simple, raw and delicious. My kind of “baking”.
For ingredients and substitution information, please check out Our Kitchen. If you haven’t already downloaded My Shopping List, you can also get your copy there. This will ensure you have all but fresh ingredients for any of my recipes. “If you keep good food in the kitchen, you will eat good food”.
- 1 cup cashews*
- 8 Medjool dates**
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 2 heaped tablepoons raw cacao
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup (or less, depending on desired sweetness)***
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- Combine cashews, dates, coconut flakes and cacao in a blender or food processor and combine well.
- Pour into a bowl, add rice malt syrup and coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
- Press into a lined square cake tin and freeze for 20-30 minutes. I like to use the back of a spoon to ensure a firm and evenly spread mixture.
- Remove from freezer and slice into 8-10 bar sized slices.
- Store in the freezer (or fridge) in an airtight container. Be mindful that the coconut oil will melt, so these are best eaten cold. Enjoy.
*Any nuts will work, but then it won’t be a Cashew & Coconut Delight, right?
**For a low fructose version, omit the dates. I haven’t tried this yet, so please report back on how you go. You may just need a touch more rice malt syrup to help the mixture bind.
***We use Pure Harvest Rice Malt Syrup which can be found in most supermarkets and health food shops.