I often get asked for a breakfast alternative to eggs. I love my Breakfast Antioxidant Bowl, but I also understand that some find it hard to give up their habitual sugary cereal. So I’ve created to perfect alternative. Gluten free, refined sugar free, high protein and delicious – just the way we should start our days. Perfect with coconut yogurt and berries. I’m content with half a cup.
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spread evenly on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes, checking regularly and stirring throughout.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Transfer into an airtight container and keep in the fridge for extra crunch.
Like this recipe? Find this and many more The Real Food Athlete, available here.