Low carb, gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free and delicious. This “bread” can literally be whipped up in 10 minutes and left to bake away on its own. Simply cool before serving and slice into 10-12 slices. It works well frozen too, so just keep out what you need and store the rest in the freezer in an airtight container.
- 2½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup zucchini, unpeeled & grated (about 1 large zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons crystallised ginger, finely diced
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons organic rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 3 eggs, free range
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- Add zucchini, ginger, coconut oil, rice malt and ACV. Stir thoroughly*.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl and add to the above mixture.
- Pour into a lightly greased bread tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden on top and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Best served warm with a light spread of organic butter. Enjoy!
*Ever wondered how to avoid wastage when measuring out syrups such as rice malt or honey? Use the same measuring cup as your oil! All of your syrup will pour straight out when the measuring cup is lightly coated. Brilliant.
*If your coconut oil is in solid form, simply melt it in a saucepan and measure away. In warmer climates, your oil will become liquid on its own if left at room temperature. Remember, never cook with olive oil as it denatures and becomes rancid at high temperatures.