As we welcome Spring with open arms, it is also presents a great opportunity to change up our palate and press the reset button so that we enter the new season with increased energy and vitality. Our Detox Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh with Prawns will give you the jumpstart you need for Spring.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 300g prawns, peeled & deveined
- 1 medium head cauliflower, floreted
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, zested & juiced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- Heat a frypan on high heat and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add cauliflower rice and sauté for 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, parsley and mint to the bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and salt together and pour onto the salad, tossing gently.
- Reheat the frypan on high heat and add remaining coconut oil. Cook prawns for 3 minutes on each side until cooked and golden.
- To serve, top tabbouleh with prawns.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.