Frittatas are a weekly staple of mine. Great for a high-protein breakfast when you are short on time, delicious for a ready-made lunch and one of my favourite ways to ensure my children are well nourished. This recipe is also SIBO-friendly, so perfect for those who are healing their gut. Enjoy.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 8 eggs, free range
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, optional (without thickeners/gums)
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 rashers pasture-raised bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Dice pumkin into thin slices and add to baking dish.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat and oil and sauté bacon for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle over the pumkin.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and combine with coconut milk, turmeric and chives. Season with salt and pepper and add to baking dish.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes and enjoy alongside a handful of rocket leaves.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos from Captured Wellness.