Our Banana, Tahini and Walnut Porridge is a low carb twist on an old favourite. Complete with your vegetable quota for the morning, there is no better way to start your day.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 cup cauliflower rice (approx. 1/4 head of cauliflower)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana, diced
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, crushed
- 1 teaspoon tahini, drizzled
- 1 dash unsweetened almond milk, optional
- Add cauliflower to a food processor and blitz until it forms cauliflower rice.
- Place almond milk, cauliflower, salt, cinnamon and vanilla into a small saucepan and place on a low heat.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for 10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
- Top with banana, walnuts, tahini and more almond milk if desired.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.