Our melt in your mouth Beef Cheeks with Broccoli Mash are a winner all year round! Slow cooked with vegetables and Broth of Life beef broth to nourish your family and nurture your gut.
Did you know that bone broth contains collagen, which is essential for cell integrity and healing? Some say this even helps reduce the appearance of cellulite! DO we need to give you another reason to add more broth into your life?
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 grass-fed beef cheeks
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 leek, roughly sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, no added salt
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon Broth of Life dehydrated beef broth
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 medium head of broccoli, floreted
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- Sea salt, to taste
- On the base of a slow cooker, lay the garlic cloves and fresh rosemary. Place the beef cheeks on top of this.
- Add leek, carrots, celery and zucchinis. Add in tin tomatoes and paste, water, broth, bay leaves and oregano. Season generously and toss to ensure all ingredients are well combined. Cover and place the slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- Prior to serving, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil on the stove. Place broccoli florets in a colander or steamer basket, cover with a lid and lightly steam for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Remove from colander or steamer basket and return to drained saucepan. Mash broccoli with butter and season with salt to taste. Serve with beef cheeks.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.