Here in Australia Summer is fast approaching which brings with it long days filled with sunshine, holidays, fun and an abundance of seasonal produce including mangoes. Extremely delicious and versatile, mangos are great as a snack on their own, a tasty addition to your salad, great in ice blocks and smoothies and forms the basis of our chia pudding below.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 mango, flesh only
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 5 tablespoon chia seeds
- To a food processor add mango cheek, coconut milk, rice malt syrup and lemon juice. Blitz for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Add chia seeds and stir into the mango mixture, stirring regularly for 15 minutes.
- Divide between four glass jars and refrigerate overnight before serving with your choice of toppings such as coconut yoghurt, berries, nuts and seeds. Remaining chia puddings will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.