This breakfast burrito is the ultimate healthy breakfast in a dash. Such a simple yet substantial breakfast that will keep you going until lunch time. Who can resist a burrito, especially when it’s packed full of nutrients like this one!
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 rasher pasture raised bacon
- 2 eggs, free range
- 4 cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 1 handful of rocket
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large frypan, fry the bacon until golden and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs until bubbles form.
- Heat the coconut oil in the frypan and ensure even coverage over the pan.
- Pour in the egg mixture, making sure it covers the pan in a thin, even layer.
- Cook the eggs slowly, without flipping, for 6-8 minutes.
- Whilst the egg mixture is cooking, dice tomatoes and mash the avocado.
- Slide the egg burrito onto a warmed plate and top with rocket, bacon, cherry tomatoes and avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper and fold gently as you would a burrito.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by the divine Sarah Craven Photography.