It seems a lot of you are going crazy for our Chocolate Brownie Bites that featured on Everyday Health, which is fantastic. They are a sneak peek from the soon-to-be released The Real Food Athlete, so the recipe hasn’t been available until now, but I’m sharing it with you today because I’d love to give you a taste of how easy real food can be. Enjoy.
Ingredients (Makes 10-12)
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Blend nuts together to form fine nut flour.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Empty mixture into a bowl and roll palm size scoops into balls.
- Chill in the fridge before serving. For extra presentation points, you may like to roll in blended coconut flakes.
- Nut free: Use 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds + 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds in place of walnuts and almonds.
Have you got your copy?
The Real Food Athlete
Nutrition for performance, recovery, fat adaptation and athletic longevity.
Includes over 75 nutrient dense and delicious recipes, even an athlete who “doesn’t cook” can make!