As we move into the Winter months our bodies thrive with warmer meals, food which nourishes and comforts us.
With the long weekend upon us in the Eastern States of Australia, it’s the perfect time to make our Clean Apple & Pear Crumble. A delicious gluten free dessert using seasonal produce and healthy fats. You won’t be disappointed.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 6 apples, peeled and diced
- 6 pears, peeled and diced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 125g grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup rapadura (or coconut) sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease a pie dish with the melted oil.
- Place the apples, pears and cinnamon sticks into a medium saucepan with ¼ cup of water. Bring to a simmer over a medium-high heat and continue to simmer gently for 10-15 minutes or until fruit has softened. Remove the cinnamon sticks and transfer the fruit and natural juices to the pie dish.
- Combine the butter, almond meal, shredded coconut, rapadura, cinnamon and sea salt in a bowl. Using your hands, rub the butter into the ingredients until it is well combined. Toss through macadamias.
- Sprinkle the crumble mix evenly over the fruit and transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Serve the crumble warm with your favourite natural or coconut yoghurt.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Min Benstead, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Recipe Creator for TNN. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.