The Chicken Caesar Salad is an iconic dish. It is perfect for any meal of the day and we are sure that you will love our take on this classic as much as we do.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 chicken thighs, diced
- 4 rashers pasture raised bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 head of cos lettuce, roughly torn
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, free range, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg, free range
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 anchovies
- 3/4 cup macadamia nut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat a medium frypan over a medium heat and add the butter and bacon and fry for 2 minutes. Add in the chicken, season well and cook for 5-7 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- To make the dressing: in a tall glass jar add the egg, lime zest and juice, ACV, Dijon mustard, anchovies and sea salt. Add oil and allow to sit for a minute. Insert a stick blender and blend for 60 seconds or until desired thickness achieved.
- In a large bowl combine the cos lettuce, chicken, bacon and eggs. Stir through 1-2 tablespoons of the dressing and mix well to combine. Grate parmesan on top and add an additional anchovy or two, if desired.
- Remaining dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.