Entertaining a crowd for brunch this holiday season? Look no further than our Coconut Panna Cotta! We guarantee that your guests will be very impressed when they sit down to their brunch!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
Coconut Panna Cotta:
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned
- 2 teaspoons grass-fed gelatin
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt, ideally homemade
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup macadamias
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 60ml cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 tablespoons rice malt syrup, depending on taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 125g raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Lightly oil 4 panna cotta moulds with coconut oil.
- To make the granola, combine all granola ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly ensuring the wet and dry ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the granola evenly on the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. Check regularly to ensure that it does not burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. This will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks, if you can make it last that long!!
- To make the panna cotta, place milk in a medium saucepan and add gelatin. Stir quickly and then set aside for 5 minutes to allow the gelatin to ‘bloom’.
- Heat the milk mixture over a low heat and add rice malt syrup and vanilla. Whisk continuously, until the gelatin has dissolved. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add in coconut yoghurt and whisk until well combined. Pour into the moulds and place in the fridge for 4 hours, or until set. The panna cotta’s will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To make the smashed raspberries, place the raspberries and lemon zest in a small bowl. Using a fork, roughly mash the raspberries.
- To serve, run a butter knife around the edge of the mould to loosen the panna cotta and turn out into your bowl. It should have a slight wobble to it! Top with 3 tablespoons of the granola and smashed raspberries.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Melinda Benstead, TNN Recipe Developer & Expert LCHF Baker. Learn more in Meet Min here.
Image by Sarah Craven Photography.