We have combined the most delicious flavours into this Creamy Salmon & Greens dish which can be prepared in just the one pan! It’s the perfect weeknight meal when you’re short on time and wanting something nourishing. Full of omega-3 fatty acids and an abundance of vitamins from all the green vegetables, this dish will ward off inflammation and leave you feeling extremely satisfied.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 salmon fillets, preferably wild-caught
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup organic coconut cream
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 bunch broccolini
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat frypan over medium-high heat and add coconut oil.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and transfer to pan skin side up. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side and set aside.
- Add butter to frypan and once melted add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add cherry tomatoes, season and stir for 2 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add spinach, coconut cream, bone broth, cheese, basil and parsley and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Steam broccolini and asparagus to your liking.
- Add lemon juice and return salmon back to creamy mixture until heated through.
- Serve alongside steamed greens.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.