It’s getting to that time of the year where we swap our smoothies and salads for warming comfort meals like nourishing soups and casseroles. This Immune Boosting Pumpkin & Celery Soup contains all the right ingredients to look after your immune system [and your tastebuds too].
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cups water or vegetable stock
- ½ large pumpkin, peeled & chopped into small pieces
- 4 celery sticks, including leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 400ml canned coconut cream, preferably organic
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Toasted pumpkin seeds, optional
- Dried chives, optional
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté until golden.
- Add water, pumpkin, celery, herbs and spices. Simmer, covered, for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend until smooth and return to pan, add coconut cream and heat slowly until hot. Taste test and feel free to add more spice if desired.
- Serve into bowls and top with pumpkin seeds and dried chives.
Serving suggestion: delicious served with a slice of Almost Paleo Vegie Bread.
Want to learn more? Check out my Seven Tips for Supporting Your Immune System here.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.