Whether you’re after a dinner party starter to impress your guests or a healthy anytime snack option then our LCHF Bruschetta is for you. All you need is a few great quality ingredients and no more than 20 minutes up your sleeve!
Low carb doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless, you just have to get creative in the kitchen and the results will speak for themselves.
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 6 large Portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 12 pitted black olives, chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ bunch basil leaves, chopped
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Rocket leaves
- Clean mushrooms with paper towel and remove stems and gills with a metal spoon.
- Place mushrooms on a baking tray.
- Melt butter over low heat and add garlic. Stir until fragrant and coat mushrooms with butter mix. Cook mushrooms for 4-5 minutes, until softened to your liking.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a mason jar and shake vigorously for 30 seconds until emulsified. Set aside.
- Combine tomato, olives, onion, basil and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Top mushrooms with tomato mix and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve with a side of rocket and enjoy.
Recipe developed and image shot by Elyse Lagos, TNN Practice Manager, Recipe Developer & Food Photographer. Learn more about Elyse here.