Using quinoa flakes instead of more traditional oats this is a great mid-week breakfast option to prepare ahead of time. It will give you a nice dose of protein and omega-3 fats to kick start your day and the addition of LSA is great for digestive support, hormonal clearance and our magic “S” word – satiety!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1/2 banana
- 200ml coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons quinoa flakes
- 2 teaspoons coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoon linseed, sunflower and almond meal (LSA)
- 60g hemp seed protein powder
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Unsweetened coconut milk, to taste
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
- To a blender or food processor, add banana and coconut cream and blend until well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl or glass jar and add remaining ingredients. Stir well to ensure well combined and transfer to the fridge to soak overnight.
- Before serving stir through coconut milk and top with mixed berries.
Recipe developed with the assistance of Elly McLean, image by Sarah Craven Photography.